International Tax Manager | Veldhoven
At the global Head Office based in Veldhoven the newly created position has become available for a Tax Manager. Currently the ASML Corporate Tax & Customs Team (T&C) includes 37 tax professionals residing in the Netherlands based HQ (22), the regional offices in Asia (8) and the US (7). ASML’s T&C Team is responsible for the fiscal and customs affairs in all jurisdictions where ASML operates.
The flat ASML organization and X-sector approach for addressing business challenges allows T&C team to closely interact with the company operations, provide guidance to the business and manage tax risks according to the Global T&C Strategy. The T&C team has successfully worked on enhancing the relationship with the local tax authorities to resolve tax issues prior to filing. New developments such as ATAD I and II and DAC6 are closely monitored and acted upon when needed. Headquarters group is responsible for coordinating and managing all Dutch and EMEA tax matters. The EMEA region includes EU jurisdictions, Israel, and Russia.
The International Tax Manager will report to the Regional Lead T&C EMEA/NL and will be one of 5 team members who are jointly responsible for EMEA and NL tax matters. This role is focused on the European region so international Tax Management is important. The job will require internal interfaces with all ASML departments and Senior Management and external interfaces with outside consultants, tax authorities and other (governmental) institutions.
More specifically the responsibilities and activities include:
- Support and execute the global tax strategy of the ASML group of companies; contribute and ensure adherence to the regional tax strategy, seamlessly connecting to the Global Tax Strategy.
- Provide efficient tax advice to senior management based on expected future developments, including advice on cross border transactions and merger and acquisitions.
- Participate in cross-sector projects as representative of the EMEA Tax Team.
- Ensure the management of various regional tax projects and outside consultants.
- Advice on corporate income tax, withholding taxes and other taxes.
- Monitoring the DAC6 obligations.
- Participate in /review the quarterly tax accounting process (US GAAP Tax Provision).
- Review group structure and investments in light of changing tax legislations (e.g. BEPS) and upcoming local legislation changes.
- Academic Dutch Tax Law or Economic Tax degree with keen interest in developing and maintaining tax technical knowledge.
- 4-7 years’ experience in international tax arena preferably as an inhouse tax counsel or within a Big 4 consultancy or similar.
- Flexibility, pro-active, and communicative personality
- Hands-on, structured, accurate and result oriented working style.
- Strategic mindset while having the ability to translate strategy into actionable objectives (short, medium, and long-term).
- Ability to function well within a multicultural, dynamic, and changing environment.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate complex business issues into simple problem statements, clear processes, and actions.
- Good time management skills and ability to manage towards tight deadlines
- Knowledge and experience with (implementing) tax automation solutions is considered a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch.
- This is a permanent full-time position. A 32 hours contract can be discussed.
- ASML does support work from home, however minimum attendance at Veldhoven-offices will be required
Apply for this position
Are you an experienced tax manager with the ambition and ability to act as a professional business partner in a highly demanding and very busy technology environment and want to learn more about it. This role is similar to the Tax Manager role at ASML, but with a more international focus. Do you want to learn more about it and on how the roles are connected please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job