Indirect Tax Specialist
Ahold Delhaize | Zaandam
At the Corporate HQ of Ahold Delhaize in Zaandam we are looking for an Indirect Tax Specialist.
You will be working closely together with Indirect Tax Managers in the Netherlands and Brussels, Indirect Tax Managers and Specialists at the BPO provider (preparing the VAT filings) and several Finance Managers. You will be part of the Indirect Tax team and will represent Ahold Delhaize’s versus the BPO provider. Summary of your key responsibilities:
- Review and advise on approval of VAT filings in the Benelux, and support fulfilment of reporting requirements for the Dutch companies;
- Support with VAT queries from the business, financial service providers, and tax authorities;
- Support embedding new business models and activities in indirect tax compliance procedures;
- Support with the implementation of new VAT legislation and reporting requirements;
- Support improvement of indirect tax controls;
- Monitor trends and support VAT recovery and cash flow improvements;
- Develop and perform data analytics to help the tax function to mitigate tax risks and identify tax opportunities.
- Support implementation of new VAT compliance solutions and use of new technologies in indirect tax.
We are looking for a highly motivated colleague who is willing, and able, to learn. You’re curious, can work independently, and have strong eye for detail. The ideal candidate will be a detail oriented, highly motivated young professional with strong communication, organizational and technology skills. Other requirements:
- Bachelor degree in the field of international tax law or accounting;
- 2-4 years working experience in VAT compliance;
- Fluent in English and Dutch;
- Knowledge/experience of ERP systems (e.g. Oracle and SAP) is a plus;
- Strong analytical skills, broad interests;
- Strong communication skills;
- Good skills in Excel;
- Willingness to travel within Europe.
Apply for this job
Would you consider this challenging VAT compliance role with much room for personal and professional development at this famous Dutch company and learn more about it? You can contact Rogier Ploeger or Fred Spee.
Share this job