Indirect Tax Manager | Rotterdam
For its Global Tax department in Rotterdam, Royal Vopak is looking for an Indirect Tax Manager. You will be part of tax team consisting of four employees who are responsible for the global tax position. The Indirect Tax Manager will report to the global director tax. The Indirect Tax Manager will be responsible for all indirect tax issues globally; the main focus is on managing the indirect taxes in The Netherlands and supporting and monitoring Vopak’s global indirect tax operations.The indirect Tax issues concern VAT, CustomsWage Tax and Real Estate Property Tax.
More specifically the tasks will be:
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of the global tax policy and practice, in line with tax obligations in (local) law & regulations and Vopak’s business strategy, in order to ensure an effective and efficient sustainable indirect tax position.
- Pro-actively support and advise the management of the Dutch companies and Vopak Global Shared Services in their decisions on Indirect Tax:
- the impact of indirect taxes on business transactions
- risk, exposure and issue management with respect to indirect taxes
- tax provisions in contracts
- Managing external advisers
- Providing indirect tax advice, assist in tax audits, and further develop the control framework.
- Proactively approach business leaders to understand changes in the business and the impact it has on indirect tax and to advise and ensure business is conducted in an efficient and compliant manner to identify planning and cash flow optimization opportunities.
- Work with tax colleagues and other corporate functions to identify, evaluate and implement value adding projects.
- Create VAT awareness; provide training, guidance, support and solutions to the business (e.g. operation companies and Vopak Global Shared Services and other departments & internal staff members).
- Manage and assist division and local management in executing their indirect tax obligations.
- Advise on and manage various customs issues and provide support to the business thereon.
- Advise on and manage and coordinate real property tax and payroll tax (and other indirect taxes that may come up).
- Developing suitable IT solutions with respect to the indirect processes (including the Compliance processes).
- Assess indirect tax risks and exposures and initiate practical and workable solutions to solve them.
- Dutch University degree in Tax
- 5-8 years’ experience in national and international indirect tax
- Up to date with (international) tax requirements and developments with respect to indirect tax and experience with managing international projects.
- Solid technical knowledge in VAT and at least some understanding of customs.
- Experience in automating processes is considered a plus.
- Analytical thinker, practical approach, able to understand the complex business and business processes.
- Hands-on, team player, ability to translate complex tax issues to the business.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
Apply for this position
Are you looking for an exciting indirect tax role in a Dutch multinational and want to learn more about it please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job