Indirect Tax Compliance Specialist
Ritchie Bros | Breda
For the EMEA office in Breda we are looking for a VAT Compliance Specialist. Summary of your key responsibilities:
- Actively initiate process improvements.
- Incorporate new processes of new VAT registrations.
- Partcipate in IT integration and development projects.
- Timely and accurate production of complex VAT returns and related filings for EMEA.
- Extraction and analysis of data from Oracle and other IT software for the preparation of filings.
- Reconciliations of VAT balance sheet accounts timely and as applicable.
- Detailed analytical review of data, identification of VAT risks.
- Monitor and maximize VAT recovery potential in assigned countries, analyze trends and bring opportunities to light.
- Follow up of tax payments and ensure tax refunds are received.
- Coordinate the information flow with third-party advisors located in different countries.
- Regularly liaise with Accounts Receivable and Payable colleagues as well as other departments.
- Provide VAT technical support to internal customers.
- Assist in VAT Audits.
- Reclamation of foreign VAT.
- Proactively identify weaknesses and drive continuous improvement of processes by partnering with different departments as necessary, including IT, to achieve goals.
- Independently problem solve the variety of situations that emerge on the daily business.
We are looking for a VAT professional who besides understanding and knowing the VAT compliance rules for the EMEA region is also able and keen on searching for the root cause of issues and implement suitable solutions, thinking out of the box if necessary. We look for a team player with an open character who can communicate regularly and work closely with all relevant colleagues from different departments and countries across the covered regions.
Here’s what you bring:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in VAT role for a large multi-national.
- Knowledge of general EU VAT rules.
- Effective in planning, prioritizing and meeting deadlines. Organized.
- Proficient in excel and experienced in ERP systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, both written and verbal. Another European language is a plus, especially German, French or Spanish.
- Resourceful and able to provide adapted solutions to a variety of situations.
- Able to compile information, connect dots and provide answers to internal customers.
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Able to understand complex information and present it in clear and concise manner.
- Acquainted with working in a culturally diverse organization, sensible to cultural differences.
- Able to consistently make decisions in a timely manner, escalates issues as appropriate.
- Strong service orientation with initiative to go beyond basic requirements.
- Active learner and able to adjust to changing priorities and circumstances.
- Collaborative, intellectually curious, hands on and self-motivated.
Would you consider this challenging VAT compliance role in a company which success is built on the drive and dedication of its people? The company grows around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career. You can contact Rogier Ploeger or Fred Spee etc.
Share this job