Indirect Tax Advisor | Geneva, Switzerland
The company’s dedicated in-house VAT team advise on transaction structures, manage the VAT/GST reporting obligations and cash position, and design & implement controls and procedures to deliver an efficient VAT/GST solution. Due to further expansion of the team a new vacancy has arisen in Geneva, Switzerland for an Indirect Tax Advisor, reporting to the Regional Manager, Indirect Tax.
This position is intrinsically linked to supporting the transaction structuring work to ensure structures are designed and implemented optimally, in a controlled and efficient environment such that VAT/GST does not become a cost. The team is efficient and small in number, so there is a requirement to support team members and learn/understand the roles and responsibilities of others providing a dynamic team environment that identifies issues where corroboration streamlines process improvement to ensure delivery of an efficient overall VAT/GST deliverable.
- Quickly get up to speed in understanding current controls to spot process weaknesses ensuring VAT team requirements are efficiently delivered;
- Support for existing Structure/advisory side of team to gradually take on own specific work allocation, addressing with external advisers to deliver clear practical advice to Business problems;
- Assist in tracking and controlling the Business by clearly defining requirements and identifying gaps, while working with other teams to address or prevent weaknesses;
- Take on specific project work as required.
- Business or Science Degree Educated, Tax or Accountant Qualified;
- Some 4 – 6 years in VAT dept. of Big 4 or dynamic Commodity Trading environment;
- Solid foundation in Principles of VAT and awareness of other Indirect Taxes;
- Experience in advising on VAT angle of specific International and domestic transactional structures;
- Experience in implementing structure and procedures;
- Experience in designing Processes is an advantage;
- Commodity experience an advantage – but not a requirement.
- To quickly understand complex scenarios and pull out the pivotal points, while challenging the reason for structuring transactions in a particular way, so the full facts become available;
- Ability to ask the right questions to understand how the Business operates and to knowledge share to find creative solutions;
- Creative in finding practical solutions to technical problems – thinking outside the box, but always in consideration of basic VAT principles;
- ERP system savvy – albeit does not require a specific experience (i.e. SAP);
- Anticipate problems by continuously reflecting on priorities in a dynamic environment.
Apply for this position
On behalf of Trafigura we are right out looking for analytically strong personality who has a get things done attitude, who can grow and flourish in this very dynamic company. Please contact Patrick Asscher if you want to learn more about the position.
+31 (0)6 53809235
Share this job