Head of VAT | Amsterdam
At Arcadis’ global Head Office in Amsterdam a new position of Head of VAT has arisen. He or she will report to Head of Tax and will be responsible for setting up the VAT processes worldwide. You will work in close cooperation with finance, treasury and tax departments in the regions and on group level. The role is focussed on VAT advisory and VAT management, and the centralization of the VAT processes throughout the group. More specifically the tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for global indirect tax planning strategies, development and implementation of new strategies and centralizing VAT at the corporate head office in Amsterdam, to maximize indirect tax benefits consistent with prudent risks;
- Ensuring the integrity of IT systems (Oracle) for VAT purposes and support (mapping, support IT and finance);
- Assisting in and lead structuring complex key VAT projects are tax effective. Simplification, standardization and centralization of VAT activities;
- Providing VAT advise to the group globally with technical excellence. Reviewing and structuring legal agreements;
- Reviewing and performing analysis to determine indirect tax effects of proposed business transactions;
- Executing (VAT) projects by applying leadership and creativity. Further develop the effectiveness of the VAT structure;
- Leading and managing one direct report ;
- Develop policies for indirect tax compliance and reporting, and guidelines;
- Maintain relationships with the business to ensure timely communications regarding transactions that may have indirect tax consequences and planning opportunities. Communicating indirect tax recommendations to appropriate departments and implement planning ideas as required;
- Building relationships with external advisors, tax authorities and internal stakeholders.
Some international travelling will be a part of the position when this is feasible again.
The ideal candidate has a master degree in Tax or fiscal Economics and at least 12 years of experience in indirect tax with a focus on VAT. You have some years of experience as an in-house VAT Director or as a Senior VAT Manager. You have a solid experience with VAT planning and setting up VAT Processes within multinational organization(s). VAT technology (preferably oracle) skills are an advantage.
You are creative, flexible, self-starting and self-confident. You drive for results, can make decisions and have the ability to convince stakeholders. You have strong communication skills, a positive attitude and you are polite. Appreciate to work in a dynamic environment. Fluent in English and Dutch.
Apply for this position
Are you interested in this exciting and senior Head of VAT position at a truly innovative and sustainable multinational and do you want to learn more about it, please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job