Group Indirect Tax Manager | Leiden
At their global head-office based in Leiden the position for a Group Indirect Tax Manager has arisen, who will be reporting into the Group Tax Advisory Manager and work closely with the other Group Indirect Tax Manager. The Group Indirect Tax Manager will primarily support, guide, advise and monitor the Ingka Group organisations in a pro-active way in respect of the management of VAT, Sales Tax, GST, Consumption tax and other similar transactional tax obligations, as well as other relevant indirect taxes. In addition to the IKEA Retail business, the scope of the Indirect Tax Manager will cover the totality of the Ingka Group’s business lines, i.e. including its shopping centres and investments businesses.
More specifically the tasks and responsibilities include:
- Providing day to day expert assistance on (cross-border) indirect tax matters to Ingka Group companies and organisations, mainly within Europe but also Asia and North America;
- Enabling the business and local country organizations to comply with its indirect tax responsibilities under a tax control framework, including further developing the tax control framework;
- Providing indirect tax guidance with respect to specific projects relating to re-structuring, and mergers & acquisitions and similar processes;
- Advising the country organizations on the strategy to follow in case of a tax audit and provide input in order to secure Ingka Group’s tax position and ensure that consistent and accurate information is provided to the tax authorities;
- Identifying the impact of international and local tax developments for the Ingka Group, communicate the relevant developments to the stakeholders and determine which actions need to be undertaken;
- Being responsible for up-to-date knowledge on indirect tax developments within the Ingka Group companies and organisations;
- Contributing to the Ingka Group Tax principles and tax rules.
The ideal candidate has 6+ years of indirect tax advisory experience at a large international Tax advisory firm or in-house covering many different topics such as acquisitions and immovable property transactions, a relevant degree in Tax Law or Tax Economics e.g., and solid Indirect Tax knowledge of multiple European jurisdictions. You are a pro-active and a hands-on self starter with a flexible mindset and you are comfortable handling unpredictable situations, while being able to prioritize and keeping focus on important deadlines.
Furthermore you need to have/are:
- Experience from driving and implementing tax projects in different countries ;
- Excellent project management skills; can communicate and co-operate with different people/companies simultaneously and steer the process to reach a certain goal;
- A broad knowledge of indirect tax compliance and reporting rules and requirements;
- Experience and/or affinity with accounting rules and guidelines and can connect this to indirect tax requirements;
- Strong English verbal and written language skills are required.
Apply for this position
If you see things a little differently like Ingka Group does and you would like to challenge your skills, and grow at a company with a strong culture and entrepreneurial spirit, please contact Patrick Asscher or Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 53809235
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job