Global Senior Manager Wage Tax | Veldhoven
At the global Head Office based in Veldhoven the newly created position has become available for a Global Senior Manager Wage Tax. He/she will be part of the global Tax and Customs Team and will report to a member of the Tax Leadership Team. You will have a global responsibility for wage taxes (and local equivalents). This will require close cooperation with the various regional tax teams (EMEA, APAC and NASA) and other departments (more specifically GES/EFS (Employee Financial Services) and HR). The idea is to centralize accountability for Wage Tax within the Tax and Customs team as it is currently spread throughout the organization.
The job mission of the Global Senior Manager Wage Tax is to first and foremost strategically and tactically embed Wage Tax within the organization. In setting out the Wage Tax strategy you will be pro-actively supporting ASML and its business partners in the various jurisdictions. The ultimate goal is to ensure Wage Tax compliance in the various regions and drive execution accordingly.
More specifically the responsibilities and activities include:
- Responsible for developing, leading and managing the Group Wage Tax Strategy, Wage Tax Policy and safeguarding the Wage Tax position of ASML.
- Designing, setting-up and managing the Wage Tax Control Framework (monitoring, testing, reviewing controls); Ensuring pro-active tax risk identification in the area of Wage Tax (or local equivalents) and mitigate such risk through knowledge of the business facts and local rules and regulations.
- Advising and collaborating with the business to adopt the proposed Wage Tax mitigating structures and measures.
- Ensuring worldwide Wage Tax compliance, in line with the Global Tax- and Wage Tax Strategy, in order to achieve timely, correct and more complete compliance.
- Coordinating Wage Tax audits and ensure settlement of differences with taxing authorities through compromise, while maintaining a good and open relationship with the tax authorities in the various countries. Ensuring settlement of controversies through courts of law, including high or supreme courts if necessary.
- Developing the maturity level of the Wage Tax compliance area in the following areas:
- managing regulatory requirements,
- defining the compliance requirements and policies
- implementation via controls, process and systems
- communication, awareness and training
- execution, monitoring and reporting.
- Developing close collaboration with GES/EFS (Employee Financial Services) and HR teams to ensure and support wage tax compliance.
- Leading Wage Tax Projects and participating in other projects and participate in improvement and change projects as subject matter expert, representing the Wage Tax team (project ONE);
- Providing training/share insights and Wage Tax knowledge with others;
- Support with day-to-day questions on wage tax related matters.
- You have an Academic background (MSc) in Tax Law or Fiscal Economics
- You have a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in Wage Tax within a multinational, law firm or a consulting company and ideally exposure to Wage Tax related matters in Netherlands, Europe, US and APAC.
- You have experience working in a multidisciplinary environment and in multi-cultural teams and possess a solid understand how the wage tax function is managed in multinational companies.
- You are a team player and with a strong drive with a hands-on, structured, accurate and result oriented working style (solution driven);
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate and drive others, build relationships and influence other functional areas;
- Able to cope with a multicultural, dynamic and changing and complex environment, experience with Asian cultures is a pre;
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate complex business issues into simple problem statements, clear processes and actions;
- Good time management skills and able to manage towards tight deadlines;
- Project Management skills allowing for basic self-support to organize and run smaller projects is a pre;
- Show ownership of issues from start to finalization;
- Eye for detail, if needed;
- Having strong Microsoft Tool skills (Excel/PowerPoint/Word) and experience in technology/automation are a plus.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written, other languages is a pre.
International travel may be required on a “if needed” basis and is not expected to exceed 10%.
Apply for this position
Are you interested in this very challenging and strategic Wage Tax position and want to learn more about what this opportunity entails please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job