Global Head of Tax | Amsterdam
At the global head office based in Amsterdam the position for a Global Head of Tax has arisen, who will be reporting into the CFO. You will effectively build up and lead the tax department to deliver on all responsibilities of a global tax function. The position is thus a greenfield role where you will have the ability to have a significant impact on forming the tax department how you see fit.
More specifically the tasks and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for developing, leading, reviewing and implementing the Group Tax Strategy, Group Tax & Transfer Pricing Policy and safeguarding the tax position of MessageBird;
- Initiate, review, support, monitor, pre-approve and/or execute tax planning initiatives;
- Organize tax and making sure Tax Risk are mitigated and bring oversight in the tax function. This includes building a small team if and when appropriate;
- Monitoring external tax legislative and regulatory changes, communicating such changes to key stakeholders, and ensuring that the Group responds appropriately;
- Liaise with external advisors, government bodies and tax authorities worldwide to ensure compliance and discuss and solve tax matters / issues.
The ideal candidate has at least 15+ years of experience, having started her/his career at a large international Tax advisory firm, followed by extensive in-house experience. As MessageBird will be looking for your guidance in how to build an effective global tax department, experience in a similar leading international role is a must. Furthermore you have/are:
- In-depth knowledge of international corporate income tax and Transfer Pricing. You will also have an understanding on how VAT/GST and Tax Compliance is organized in a multinational organization, as well as some experience with payroll tax consequences on employee stock option plans;
- Can keep up with rapid growth and the tax needs and challenges that come with it;
- Ability to independently take decisions and focus on the big picture;
- You are a great communicator who can build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing and meeting challenging deadlines through solid project management and planning capabilities;
- Flexibility to collaborate across multiple time zones; willingness to travel occasionally;
- Capable of achieving short-term results, whilst never losing the long-term vision out of sight;
- A flexible working attitude and feeling at home in a challenging yet informal corporate environment.
Apply for this position
Are you ready to step into a Tech company, an ambitious and fast growing company active in an exciting industry? Do you have experience in building up a Tax department and have an ‘If we missed it, we just fix it’ -mentality, please contact Patrick Asscher.
+31 (0)6 53809235
Share this job