European Indirect Tax Manager
Bose | Purmerend
At Bose Europe and APACHQ in Purmerend a newly created role of European Indirect Tax Manager has arisen. The Indirect Tax Manager assists and reports to the Head of Tax Europe also based in Purmerend and is part of the global tax team consisting of 11 people. The Indirect Tax Manager will focus on the European region for all indirect tax issues, with an emphasis on VAT. Technology developments and new international tax regulations result in a dynamic and challenging environment requiring the Tax team to drive process improvements, necessary change and benefits. We need you to help drive and set up the Indirect tax landscape from scratch in Europe Middle East and other VAT countries while supporting the business and managing VAT projects. You will be the first Indirect tax Manager outside of US with lots of learning and growth potential. More specifically, the main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assist the Head of Tax Europe with VAT and other indirect tax projects including the design of a robust control framework and compliance process in Europe.
- Manage and optimize indirect tax compliance in Europe.;
- Identify indirect tax risks and opportunities and develop mitigation procedures. Be involved in cross border (indirect) tax projects;
- Provide indirect tax advice to the business and be a technical resource for the tax group.
- The ability to perform technical research and prepare written documentation supporting your analysis and conclusions
- Reviewing legal agreements and other documentation to determine indirect tax effects of proposed business transactions and provide structuring recommendations;
- Further develop the effectiveness of the Indirect Tax structure;
- Provide VAT advice and trainings internally to local controllers, and other business stakeholders;
- Manage indirect tax audits for our European subsidiaries;
- Work with the businesses and corporate functions to identify VAT risks and opportunities;
- Assist and support the Accountants in the VAT compliance processes when required;
- Ensuring the integrity of IT systems for VAT purposes. Being involved in implementing new VAT Tools.
- Provide input into global policies for indirect tax compliance and reporting and develop and document indirect tax process and procedures;
- Liaising with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Supply chain, IT and Accounting Department.
- Building relationships with external VAT advisors, tax authorities and internal stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate has a (university) degree in tax with 10+ years working experience in VAT gained at a big 4 consultancy and in an in-house corporate function. You have excellent knowledge of VAT in the EU/EMEA. Experience with VAT automation and tools is a plus. You are a team player, love to drive change, pays attention to details, and can work independently. The right individual will be a highly organized project manager with a can-do mentality and able to focus on details without losing the bigger picture. You are an analytical thinker with excellent verbal and written communication skills who can interact at all levels in the organization. Being proactive and having a drive for excellence is desired. Experience with managing regional / global projects, SAP and other VAT technology tools is a plus. Fluent in English and Dutch. Some travel may be required (e.g. 10% – 15%).
Apply for this job
Share this job