VAT Compliance Specialist | Hoofddorp
On behalf of OMRON we are looking for a highly motivated VAT Compliance Specialist at the European Headquarters in Hoofddorp. You will be a part of OMRON´s EMEA Finance & Accounting team, a dedicated team that supports to four different Omron businesses consisting of more than 40 entities and branches in Europe, The Middle East, and Africa.
More specifically the tasks and responsibilities include:
- Prepare and Review the monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting of VAT, ESL and statistical declarations;
- Analyze actual results vs. previous periods and prior year;
- Ensure that all relevant reconciliations are created and that ledgers are updated accordingly;
- Initiate, propose and implement changes in processes and procedures in view of efficiency and internal control improvements;
- Review of VAT and Intrastat reports generated by the ERP and implement improvements together with IT and external advisors to improve the quality of information;
- Critically assess VAT and VAT related processes and identify and implement internal control improvements;
- Provide responsible advice and content to the management and business units on technical VAT issues and risk management;
- Provide support to the Trade Compliance department;
- Answer and advise on ad hoc VAT questions from business and management;
- Support VAT audits and communicate with local tax authorities.
- Education in a relevant field (bachelor or master) and 5+ years of experience in a large tax advisory firm or in-house;
- Knowledge of Dutch and European VAT requirements;
- Knowledge of ERP systems and Accounting Software packages, preferably JDE;
- The candidate must be eligible to work in The Netherlands;
- Excellent communication skills and team player (bridge builder);
- Self-starting and result / deadline oriented and accurate;
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings;
- Excellent personal leadership (self-reliant and taking ownership), analytical, time management, reporting, communication, interpersonal, problem-solving and administrative skills;
- Proactively addresses business issues arising and takes action to resolve. Uses team structure effectively to delegate and ensure work tasks are completed with available resources;
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Remains flexible to deal with changing business requirements and can manage task variation and prioritize to ensure critical work tasks are completed on time, accurately and completely;
- English language proficiency;
- Strong excel, power point skills.
Apply for this position
Are you a proactive, highly motivated VAT Specialist? Do you like to work in a dynamic and dedicated team of finance &accounting professionals? Please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job