Tax Manager | Amsterdam (parttime 0,8 FTE possible)
To support the increasing complexity of the global activities as well as to enhance the automatization of various tax processes, the tax team at the Head Office in Amsterdam will be expanded with a new Tax Manager position. He or she will report directly to the Tax Director. The tasks and responsibilities will consist of international corporate tax planning and managing tax compliance for the Group. More specifically the main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Provide (inter)national tax advice and support to the Tax Director and business at their request and proactively on international corporate income tax, withholding taxes and special projects relating to international tax as required;
- Support in M&A and assist in due diligence on acquisitions, divestments, finance structuring and corporate restructurings.
- Supervise and manage tax audits and negotiate with tax authorities;
- Manage tax compliance and ensure proper tax accounting & reporting (tax return is outsourced). Analyse the Effective Tax Rate of the Group;
- Assist with the management of the front-to-back global tax position of OCI;
- Assist with the management of the country-by-country / DAC6 reporting and analyses;
- Assist in implementing, maintaining and monitoring the (global) transfer pricing strategy and structure as well as provide internal advice. Manage transfer pricing documentation prepared externally;
- Liaise with the internal departments (e.g. legal, finance and business development) and manage relationships with external tax advisors;
- Create tax awareness and coach relevant staff within the commercial teams;
- As part of the IT transformation of the OCI group, assist with the automatization of various tax process by developing, implementing and maintaining tax reporting tools; and
- Ensure effective use of external advisers – in terms of quality and cost.
Experience and tax competencies
- Dutch University degree in tax law or fiscal economics
- Minimum of 7-10 years relevant work experience at either a consulting firm or an in-house tax position
- In-depth knowledge of corporation and international tax law and transactional tax concepts and its practical applications
- Experience in providing and explaining tax guidance to non-tax professionals
- Good understanding of accounting concepts and processes
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Commercial awareness and customer orientation with a very pro-active mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, fluent in business English
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills including how to collect relevant data from systems and use them for the delivery of solutions
- Ability to constantly (re)prioritize and get things done
- Proven track record in leading, directing and coordinating projects and initiatives
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Professional management of employee relationships at all levels.
- Have a good feel for the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Down-to-earth personality with a positive mindset
- Enjoys responsibility, delivers on promises, acts decisively and is loyal to decisions
- Uses foresight, and identifies opportunities and challenges
- Communicates in a precise way, and accepts and pushes for constructive change
- Strives for simplification and clarity, and focus on value-adding activities
- Skilled in developing, utilizing and extending the network of internal and external contacts
Apply for this position
This is a varied in-house tax position, in an organisation where you can develop your personal and management skills quickly. Are you interested in this international all-round tax position or do you want to learn more about it, please contact Rogier.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job