Tax Compliance Manager | Amsterdam
Due to the growth of the business a new position has arisen for a Tax Compliance Manager at the Amsterdam office. He/she will report to the Global Head of Tax and the International Tax Director. The role will primarily oversee the direct tax compliance requirements across the European and Asian real estate markets. The Tax Compliance Manager will control the financial information flow to all tax stakeholders globally and will have a broader role in the tax and finance function of the team in Amsterdam and Singapore.
More specifically the tasks and responsibilities are:
- Responsible for day to day oversight on and control over all compliance reporting obligations of all the investment structures and entities in Europe and Asia working closely with all different groups and the local operating partners;
- Control the flow of (financial) information, working integrated with the finance team, to ensure all stakeholders globally have access to the right information at the right;
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to senior management;
- Assist to maintain an effective control environment for tax compliance, ensuring proper tax reporting for the defined country;
- Assist and coordinate with new regulatory reporting requirements (e.g. DAC6);
- Be involved in other tax related projects e.g. assist in transfer pricing compliance activities and the execution and implementation of intercompany pricing policies;
- Liaise, coordinate and support the U.S. tax team to ensure there is a coordinated tax approach across our global tax reporting requirements;
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency and continuously improve on the tax compliance controls which will consist of coordinating with all internal stakeholders and the Operating Partner network to ensure a successful implementation;
- Participate in various (ad-hoc) projects where, alongside tax compliance expertise, a broad business view is expected.
- Master’s degree in tax or economics;
- Experience in a similar role or a business consultant role – Big 4 experience is an added advantage;
- You have a thorough understanding of (Dutch) corporate income tax and you have experience with preparing and filing complex tax returns independently;
- Keen to also work on issues that are outside of tax compliance and you are a conceptual thinker;
- An independent, pro-active self-starter;
- An open person, easy to work with and a true team player;
- Result oriented, disciplined and have a drive for quality and problem solving;
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
Apply for this position
If you are interested in this challenging, hands-on position in a fun and people driven environment, please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job