Tax Compliance & Accounting Manager | Rotterdam
At the recently errected Dutch corporate office in Rotterdam a new position has arisen for a Tax Compliance & Accounting Manager who will report to the Head of Tax Compliance & Technology. He/she will be responsible for all regional tax compliance as well as support in all tax accounting matters of the group.
More specifically, the tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with senior regional Tax staff and external advisers for the timely filing of the Group’s global tax returns and payments;
- Exposure to wide variety of jurisdictions, with sole responsibility for allocated legal entities and jurisdictions;
- Managing Withholding Tax, Local File and Country-by-Country reporting requirements;
- Support and responsibility for managing tax authority enquiries and audits;
- Support and responsibility for tax management reporting, working closely with Geneva headquarters;
- Support the tax accounting cycle with review and control of periodic tax provisioning, current and deferred tax calculations, and balance sheet management. For statutory closing, this will also include liaising with statutory auditors;
- Opportunity to develop skills, participate and lead on technology solutions for finance and tax, including the use of automation and reporting tools;
- Opportunity to participate and lead on commercial projects including group restructurings, acquisitions & disposals, and providing support for business divisions.
- Some 6-9 years of experience, with a strong emphasis on tax compliance & accounting for multinational companies. Some in-house experience is considered a plus;
- Degree in Tax or Accounting;
- Exposure to/ experience with tax technology projects is preferred;
- Keen to also work on issues that are outside of tax compliance, especialially with Tax Accounting and reporting;
- An independent, pro-active self-starter and you are a conceptual thinker;
- An open person, easy to work with and a true team player;
- Result oriented, disciplined and have a drive for quality and problem solving;
- Fluent in English and French is a must as you will be communicating a lot with the Geneva HQ, Dutch is considered a plus;
- Willingness to learn and a strong work ethic are essential.
Apply for this position
Are you interested in this exiting senior in-house Tax Compliance & Accounting position at a dynamic trading environment and want to learn more, please contact Patrick Asscher.
+31 (0)6 5380 9235
Share this job