Tax Accountant | The Hague
At the Corporate head office of Aegon in The Hague the position for a Tax Accountant has become available. You will going to be part of Tax Compliance & Reporting team which is part of the Group Tax, the Dutch based tax team. The Tax Accountant reports to the Global Head of Tax. You, together with a colleague Tax Accountant, are responsible for the timely filing of correct and complete tax returns and ensures Aegon is compliant with IFRS (IAS 12) disclosures and contribute to increase the tax awareness.
The results of this position will be:
- Responsibility for the preparation and review of the annual corporate income tax return of the Dutch fiscal unity to ensure timely filing of correct and complete tax returns with the Dutch Tax Authorities.
- Responsibility for the quarterly IFRS reporting based on IAS 12 and disclosures for the consolidated annual accounts of Aegon NV and perform and prepare an IFRS tax review on tax data from the country units which is used for disclosure purposes.
- Support with questions from the Dutch Tax Authorities or internal stakeholders.
- Liaise and provide input to the IFRS specialists and other finance colleagues to understand the implications of tax accounting changes as well as specific transactions. Identify and suggest improvements for the (work)processes for the tax returns and the IFRS tax reporting process.
- Preparation of the annual Country-by-Country Report (CbCr) as well as the Public Global Tax Report.
- Support the wider Global Tax team on ad hoc tax strategy projects, tax modelling, tax forecasting including future tax regulations and/or law change.
- Maintain a close relationship and strong cooperation between the finance and tax departments within Corporate Center, Asset Management and outside the Netherlands.
- Develop view on future possible automation opportunities.
As a Tax Accountant, you are a highly analytical yet pragmatic tax expert, good in communication, you are eager, dedicated and have a can-do mentality – the ability to work as part of a team and ‘roll up his/her sleeves’ when required in order to get the job done.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor and/or university working and thinking level with more than 8 years of experience with corporate income tax compliance
- At least 8 years of relevant experience with IFRS tax reporting in a multinational or big four office
- Excellent numerical skills
- Good knowledge of IFRS tax accounting rules and Dutch tax law
- Fluency in Dutch and English
Apply for this position
Are you enthusiastic about this vacancy and do you think that Aegon could a good fit for you and you want to learn more about it, please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job