International Tax Manager (on hold)
McDermott | Den Haag
For McDermott in The Hague, we are currently looking for an International Tax Manager. This is a new position that reports to the International Tax Director, also based in The Hague. Under supervision of the International Tax Director, you will be involved in all tax aspects of the company, mainly in the EARC (Europe, Asia, Russia, Caspic) region. The position is primarily focused on tax planning and managing tax projects (75% of the job) and to a lesser extent tax compliance & reporting. The tasks are very diverse and therefore there are possibilities to adjust the profile to the expertise and interest of the candidate hired. Amongst others, your activities will include:
- Provide tax advice to the various companies and branches, this advice relates mainly to CIT, but also other tax means will be part of the activities.
- Provide tax advice through the project lifecycle (from bid to execution) for the various companies and branches.
- Assist in, and manage (tax) projects, e.g. R&D claims, corporate restructurings, M&A, opening and closing of legal entities.
- Review of, and assist local management with correspondence with local tax advisors and tax authorities (assist with drafting appropriate response, assist in technical tax issues / controversies etc.).
- Review and management of tax procedures and processes (to include training of local Finance departments).
- Preparation and review of transfer pricing documentation and compliance.
- Manage and review corporate income tax returns for various companies (both NL, Germany, Czech Republic, Russia and some of the locations where McDermott has active projects).
- Assistant in the quarterly and annual tax reporting (US GAAP reporting).
- Assist in preparing the tax provisions in local GAAP financial statements.
- Being involved in VAT, Wage Tax and other levies (there is a VAT specialist within the Dutch Tax team).
- Keep company’s internal departments up to date with tax changes in relevant countries, and their impact on company Research of tax regimes in different countries.
- Liaise with and maintain a good relationship with Tax, Finance and other departments, external advisors and tax authorities.
- A Dutch master’s degree in Tax Law or Tax Economics.
- 4-6 years of experience in (inter)national tax planning. More experienced candidates can also apply since the work is quite broad and challenging.
- Experience in the energy, mining, engineering or construction sectors is considered a plus.
- Solid understanding of IFRS accounting and Tax risk management.
- You are highly structured, have strong communication skills and a hands-on attitude.
- Experience with the numerical part of tax is preferred.
- Able to provide a professional service (i.e. from the straightforward and the routine to the highly complex).
- Able to research, assess, propose and implement workable and practical solutions.
- Able to explain tax clearly to others.
- Able to both work with minimal supervision, but as part of an integrated tax team.
- Speaking English and Dutch fluently is a pre-requisite to be successful in the role.
- Some travel will be part of the position.
Apply for this position
McDermott offers a new and challenging International Tax position in a very interesting environment. Are you interested? Please contact Andreas Koper or Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 1884 1557
+31 (0)6 2142 5475
Deel deze vacature