Tax Advisor | Den Haag
At the corporate head office in The Hague the position of Tax Advisor. You will report to the Head of Tax Nederland and are part of a team of 5 and off course the larger Shell tax group. You’ll provide effective Dutch and international corporate tax advice to the various Shell businesses in the Netherlands and other countries. More specifically you will have a focus on the Downstream business and new energy business. You will thus be closely involved with the operations.
The position includes amongst other things:
- Provide concise corporate income tax advice to Shell stakeholders on business opportunities on Dutch tax and international Corporate Income tax. The advice focusses a.o. on investments, divestments, ad hoc questions arising in the Dutch business entities, special projects, day-to-day questions.
- Contribute to and maintain the transparent relationship with the Dutch Tax Authorities together with the rest of the NL tax team.
- Work closely with the tax Filing and Reporting team on the tax consequences of transactions in line with local and international accounting standards.
- Provide input to (international) legislative developments and consultations.
- Identify and deliver opportunities to optimize our ways of working.
- Raise awareness and share knowledge on relevant NL tax developments.
- 7-10 years of experience in international tax advisory practice (law firm, Big4).
- A few years’ experience in-house at a multinational is considered a plus.
- Solid understanding of Dutch and international tax law is a given.
- Some knowledge and understanding of tax accounting is considered a plus.
- You are a hands-on and enthusiastic team player with effective communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment and ambiguous or pressured situations.
Apply for this position
Are you interested in this challenging position in Shell where there is plenty of opportunity to grow your career in a highly complex and international business environment and want to learn more about the specifics about this role and what Shell has to offer please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job