Employment Tax Manager | Amsterdam
At the Regional Headquarters of DPR Construction in Amsterdam, a new position shall be created for an Employment Tax Manager with the willingness to develop into a more allround Tax professional. The Employment Tax Manager will report hierarchically into and work closely with the Tax Director in Amsterdam, but also with the Global Tax team in the US.
The Employment Tax Manager will have a focus on Employment Tax across the EU and various Global Mobility issues like international wage tax and income tax regulations, immigration, social security and cross border relocations. Overtime the Tax Manager will also support the Tax Director on topics such as Transfer Pricing (documentation), building a Tax Control Framework, VAT (Compliance) and various other day-to-day tax matters.
More specifically the tasks and responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide advice and support on complex employment tax issues;
- Proactively assess employment tax risks arising from cross-border/remote working arrangements and ensure accurate processing of earnings and benefits.
- Preparing and submitting the annual Work Related Cost Scheme (WKR) including other similar regimes in the EU (e.g. PSA in the UK);
- Monitoring the 30% ruling and A1/CoC applications;
- Ensure alignment with the Tax Director with regards to quarterly and full year reporting on (uncertain) wage tax positions, pending wage tax matters;
- Support other tax responsibilities such as VAT, CIT, Transfer Pricing, International Tax matters;
- Work closely together with the F&A, HR, US Tax Team to make sure tax equalization agreements, tax protection agreement remain tax compliant;
- Provide guidance to F&A, HR, payroll and other departments globally;
- Develop and maintain relationships with external tax vendors, driving accuracy and compliance;
- Support the Tax Director in further developing the Employment Tax Control Framework, both in the Netherlands and in all other countries where DPR is present. Monitor key control testing;
- Manage first and second line queries from employees, other teams, and external providers;
- Build strong relationships with internal and external partners to deliver best in class advice.
The ideal candidate has a relevant degree and some 4 to 8 years of experience in a large corporate environment or advisory firm and proven experience in Dutch employment tax and Global Mobility topics. You must be able to demonstrate the ability to approach and solve difficult situations, combined with good analytical skills. You will need to have a flexible mindset to be able to cope with ever changing situations, in addition to a hands-on mentality. Knowledge of German, UK and/or Swiss Employment Tax legislation would be an advantage, as is experience with short term business travel and the Posted Worker Directive.
Furthermore you have / are:
- Masters Degree in Tax Law;
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, both written and verbal;
- Proficiency in MS Excel, and preferably Power BI/CMiC, to manipulate and analyze large amounts of data;
- A good understanding of monthly payroll processing;
- A good understanding of relevant personal taxation issues;
- A good understanding of the application of tax treaties;
- Self-starting, hands-on, organized and internally motivated;
- Able to take ownership of tasks and drive to completion;
- Strong team player;
- Construction industry experience is desirable, but not required.
Apply for this position
Are you interested in joining this fast growing company with an informal non-hierarchical atmosphere, and a ‘taking care of people’ mentality, please contact Patrick Asscher or Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 53809235
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job