Direct Tax Technology Specialist | Amsterdam
The Direct Tax Technology specialist will focus on implementations and improvements of direct tax processes within a region, mainly consisting of corporate income tax and transfer pricing. In this role, you will connect with the technology deployment teams, representing the tax team and you’ll be working together with other tax technology analysts, information technology and tax colleagues to contribute to technology alignment at a regional level as well as for direct taxes on a global level.
More specifically the tasks and responsibilities include:
- Act as the direct tax expert for tax technology with respect to (SAP) implementations, including the gathering of local direct tax requirements, assisting on the initial design process, performing analysis, testing and assisting on the creation of trainings following an implementation;
- Assist on building, maintaining and governing direct tax processes surrounding direct tax automation following newly incorporated (SAP) implementations or upgraded instances, including assisting with the maintenance of a tax control framework;
- Partner with the various businesses and functions to assess, monitor and govern processes via the use of technology, including performing process and system monitoring and engaging with them to resolve issues and communicate updates;
- Assist on implementations of other tools, such as Longview, and the direct tax element in travel and expenses tools and Anaplan. Analyze data warehouse capabilities and a central finance platform;
- Provision of direct tax input from a technology perspective for a tax control framework;
- Assure that the direct tax requirements are designed and implemented in a consistent manner across the IT landscape within Tax;
- Collaborate with other tax content architects and tax managers to come to a joined solution;
You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience tax Technology or eight years of experience working within a direct tax environment with some experience in Tax Automation
- Good understanding of direct tax reporting requirements as well as the basic understanding of statutory requirements and configuration in SAP.
- Strong analytical skills to embed tax requirements in the ERP systems
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Apply for this position
Are you interested to work in a fast paced stimulating international environment and develop your career in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job