Customs Duty Manager | Amsterdam (Windsor, GB or Lausanne, CH)
Tetra Laval International (‘’TLI’’) is the financial support and control function for the Board. This includes responsibility for areas such as the corporate governance framework, treasury, corporate finance, leasing, insurance, financial reporting, internal audit, holdings administration and Group Tax.
As the Customs Duty Manager, you will become part of Tetra Laval Group Taxes: the central Tax Team. You will be one of the subject matter specialists for customs, involved in a large network both within the Industry Groups and externally. You will work collaboratively with our legal entities globally to ensure compliance with internal and external policies and procedures and support the continuous improvement and strategy of the trade and customs function.
You will be directly responsible for managing various Tax appeal cases and audits related to Indirect Tax / Customs Duty, applying your specialised knowledge and supporting the Director of Indirect Tax and the Vice President of Indirect Tax & Customs Duty in more complex cases.
You will report to the Director of Indirect Tax, and you will be based in Amsterdam, NL but you can be based also in Windsor (UK) or Lausanne (CH). ). In Amsterdam the Tax Group consist of 6 Tax Professionals.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Acts as a point of contact to provide relevant technical Customs information to key contacts to support business decisions and problems.
- Actively monitors and keeps up to date with relevant Customs legislation and provides appropriate information to the concerned stakeholders within the industry groups and TLI.
- Participates in projects/initiatives and supports Customs training and information sessions.
- Works with internal and external Tax specialists in relation to Tax litigations together with the team and supports the implementation of the Tax strategy.
- Concentrates on short to medium-term individual and team goals.
- Supports industry groups’ business on Customs audits and maintains or develops risk management processes.
- Manages and improves internal reporting on Customs related metrics
- Ensures Customs policy is followed and continuously reviews and implements activities related to Customs duty reduction and any other savings opportunities in the Customs area.
For being successful in this role you need to have/be:
- University degree in Fiscal Law or Fiscal Economics.
- Minimum of 5 years of central function experience in the Customs area and/or experience gained in a global trade consulting environment.
- You have deep knowledge of the EU Customs legislation concerning valuation, origin and classification matters and import/export trade processes.
- Interest in or knowledge of VAT or similar Indirect Taxes
- Self-starter, organized and able to deal with changes effectively
- Strong demonstration of stakeholder management skills and ability to build effective relationships and strong communication skills.
- Advanced analytical skills and high interest in and ability to work in a data-driven organization.
Tetra Laval offers you
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- A culture that pioneers a spirit of innovation where our industry experts drive visible results
- An equal opportunity employment experience that values diversity and inclusion
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements
Apply for this position
Are you interested in this challenging position with a market leading privately owned company where you can create and operate in a dynamic environment? Please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job