Business Tax Specialist
DEGIRO | Amsterdam
For the Global Tax department based in Amsterdam we are searching for an Business Tax Specialist. You will be part of a tax team consisting of three Tax Specialists who together are responsible for the global tax position. The Business Tax Specialist is the connection between the commercial side of the company and tax. He or she is tax technically involved in taxes that relate to the products and clients of DEGIRO and the translation of the impact thereof to automation. Therefore this persons works closely together with the IT department More specifically these taxes are Financial Transaction Taxes, withholding tax and capital gains. Since these taxes are due in multiple countries and because it concerns so many clients there is a high degree of technology and automation involved with these processes.
The activities are:
- Providing the tax technical analysis and support to the business and you will optimize, streamline and automate the related processes in close relation with IT and other departments. You will initiate implementation to increase tax compliance with respect to the various operational taxes in multiple jurisdictions (a.o. Withholding Tax, Financial Transaction Taxes).
- On a day-to-day basis, answer tax questions from and pro-actively support the business with respect to tax. This means training service desk employees on tax aspects relevant to clients, support with the tax aspects in on-boarding of new clients, providing support regarding the withholding tax and Financial Transaction Tax levies on specific and new financial products. Maintain the tax information provided to clients up-to-date and correct (f.e. by maintaining FAQ questions on the website and training colleagues).
- Work on various tax projects. You will develop and implement tax improvements in the products and you will control and monitor the tax risks involved. Providing tax advice on new business developments. Improving the risk management system; practically this could mean implementing relief of US dividend withholding tax and/or FTT’s by improving the annual reports for clients used for their personal income tax returns.
- Furthermore, you maintain up-to-date knowledge of (upcoming) changes the tax landscape, thereby identifying the impact of the changes on the organization and its operation and you communicate internally about these changes.
- A (Master) degree in tax law, tax economics
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience
- Keen interest in tax technology and tax automation
- Good tax technical skills
- You are a self-starter and team-player with ability to prioritize, who loves to work in a young and dynamic work environment
- You are fluent in Dutch and English
Apply for this position
Deel deze vacature