Assistant Tax Manager | Rotterdam
As an Assistant Tax Manager, you will be based in the LyondellBasell’s corporate office in Rotterdam and be an integral member of the global Tax Department that is made up of approximately 100 tax professionals in 10 countries. More specifically, this position is part of the Tax Planning and Counsel team at LyondellBasell which is a collection of 20+ individuals located in different countries working diligently to comply with our Company’s tax policy requirements and to enhance shareholder value. This team is responsible for the global tax structuring, M&A and internal tax advisory to businesses. In order to achieve our goals, we work closely together with the business and other corporate functions such as Treasury, Legal, Accounting and HR.
You will report into the Director Global Country Tax Planning & Management located in the Netherlands. The role will support tax matters, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams and colleagues within tax globally, with a predominant focus on NL and UK.
- Lead and/or assist in a broad variety of tax matters with a focus on direct tax for operations and activities in NL, the UK and other jurisdictions (Sweden, Poland, Hungary and AFMEI (India, UAE, Egypt, Turkey));
- Participate in regional tax planning and cross-border restructuring projects with opportunities to develop through technical research and presentations to tax leadership and executive management;
- Analyze impact of proposed and enacted tax law changes both at local country and European Union level;
- Lead and assist with corporate governance compliance requirements for the UK parent company and the NL regional offices;
- Coordinate and support activities related to tax audits, controversy, litigation and ruling processes;
- Lead the annual UK CFC analysis in connection with the annual corporate income tax compliance process;
- Support the transfer pricing agenda, inclusive of risk management, optimization strategies, project support in liaison with internal and external stakeholders and the Transfer Pricing team;
- Partnering with the business and other internal and external stakeholders to add value in the operational and support function areas;
- Coordinate the non-NL/UK corporate tax return processes and other filings that are needed to be compliant with local tax regulations including managing internal stakeholders and external service providers;
- Support the quarterly and year-end tax provision processes;
- Lead projects to improve the tax processes locally and where appropriate, as part of a global team;
- Regular travel to the London office.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified assistant tax manager who has previously gained experience in a multinational organization. Working within a team in NL and UK the role is a part of a much larger global department and the candidate will be required to interact and liaise with colleagues around the world. You will be comfortable working on your own initiative to achieve objectives and deadlines relevant to the role requirements and business needs in a timely and accurate manner.
This is who you are
- Functional and technical knowledge to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Strategic agility to anticipate future consequences and trends accurately
- Self-starter with ability to work with cross-functional teams globally
- Process management
- Business acumen
- Problem solving
- Keenness to learn
This is what you bring
- Master degree in Dutch Tax;
- Typically 6 to 8 years’ work experience ideally within in a large corporate tax environment and/or big 4 accounting firm;
- Experience with NL and/or UK tax law;
- Experience with tax accounting under US GAAP and IFRS is a plus;
- Fluency in English is a must, Dutch is a very strong plus.
Apply for this position
Are you interested in this challenging and international Tax Manager position, with a focus on Dutch and UK Tax issues please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job