A.P. Moller – Maersk The Hague
Indirect Tax Manager | Den Haag
At the center of excellence based in The Hague various new positions have arisen including the position of Indirect Tax Manager. You will be a part of the Maersk Indirect Tax Team where you will assist in transforming the indirect tax vision into reality. You will be advising on various VAT and Indirect Tax issues, ensure tax business and legal requirements are captured and embedded in technical solutions.
An important development is that Indirect Tax needs to be embedded in SAP S4/Hana and external tax engine. You will work together with the New Finance and Tax Platform Team (solution design and technical implementation of SAP S4/Hana), rest of the tax team and external advisors. Only with close cooperation the team can meet the high ambition of automating all the indirect tax processes end to end.
The role is “hands on” and across all business units, where you will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of VAT issues across the world.
Your day-to-day activities and priorities include amongst other:
- Gathering and structuring indirect tax related business requirements across our different business areas
- Gathering and structuring indirect tax related legal requirements across all countries related to each phase of implementation
- Collaborate with other teams within Finance, Commercial, Procurement and Operations to provide tax input and ensure indirect tax requirements are also captured within their areas to keep an end-to-end perspective. As indirect taxes are transactional based taxes, it is crucial to have a broad understanding of VAT relevant elements in business processes across all of Maersk.
- Review tests results ensuring that indirect tax requirements are correctly implemented in the systems implemented.
- Ensure the benefits from the implementations are implemented in current processes, for example by identifying process steps that can be automated or removed.
- Design and provide training to users in new functionalities and processes.
- Drive continuous improvements.
Maersk is seeking an indirect tax manager with focus on systems, among others in SAP S4/Hana and external tax engine for the global indirect tax team.
- You have a Tax Degree and at least 5 years of experience advising on VAT in a tax consultancy firm, in-house tax department or tax authorities.
- Have experience with or an interest in ERP systems setup.
- Are a strong communicator. Your English is excellent in speech and writing.
- Possess effective project management and task prioritization skills.
- Structured, highly analytical, and detail-oriented personality.
- Experienced within finance and/or tax processes, risk management and controls.
You are a resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work in team but also independently.
Apply for this position
Maersk operates in more than 130 countries across the world and with rapidly and constantly tax and regulatory changes, this role offers an exciting opportunity to assist in shaping the vision and implement tax solutions for the Maersk group. Are you interested and you want to learn more to see whether it could fit you, please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
+31 (0)6 5380 9235
Share this job