VAT Accountant- On Hold
Our client is a multinational, a world leader in its business.
At the European head office in Rotterdam a position has become vacant for a VAT Accountant. He or she will be part of the tax team and will manage the Italian and German VAT Compliance process and make sure all VAT compliance obligations are met. The main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for complex VAT accounting and compliance issues for the European operations in Italy and Germany;
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of VAT returns;
- Handling VAT, Intrastat inquiries from tax authorities;
- Assisting the head of the VAT Manager with VAT/Intrastat audits ;
- You will be responsible for compliance of IT systems with SAP requirements within the organization;
- Working closely with the various departments (amongst others local Finance, Supply chain and other business partners) to assure that the local VAT/Intrastat obligations are correctly fulfilled;
- Being a vocal point in the organization for external and internal VAT questions relating to any VAT/Intrastat issues in the EU;
- Training & guiding the company’s personnel on the accurate use of VAT and any modifications of VAT legislation;
- You will be responsible for creating VAT awareness within the organization;
- Performing analysis on the influence of modifications of VAT legislation;
- You will be involved for management of the VAT cash in- and outflow;
- Proactive involvement in diverse projects.
The ideal candidate has a background in accounting or taxation on at least a Bachelor (HBO) level and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. You have a strong VAT accounting background and have worked in an international environment. You have experience with ERP systems and with VAT registration in multiple countries. You are accurate and have excellent analytical- and communication skills. Furthermore you should be both a team-player and a self-starter. Fluency in English is required, Italian or German language is a plus.
Are you interested in the above challenging VAT Accounting position at this international company please contact Rogier Ploeger (firstname.lastname@example.org / + 31 (0)6 1884 1557) or Anneke Stoeken (email@example.com / + 31 (0)6 3409 8832).