BMC Software, Inc (www.bmc.com), is a leading provider of enterprise management solutions that empower companies to manage IT from a business perspective. Delivering Business Service Management, BMC Software solutions span enterprise systems, applications, databases and service management. Founded in 1980, BMC Software has offices worldwide and posted fiscal 2016 revenues of more than $2.4 billion.
For the EMEA Tax Department (consisting of 3 people) of BMC Software based in Schiphol-Rijk, we are currently recruiting for the position of Tax Manager EMEA. The Tax Manager EMEA will report to the Tax Director EMEA and provide support in performing the various functions of the Tax Department. These functions include: general tax support and advice, tax planning, corporate income tax reporting, tax compliance and statutory tax reporting review, in cooperation with the other functions based in the EMEA Shared Services Center (SSC) based in Schiphol-Rijk. More specifically the main tasks & responsibilities include:
- Participate in the overall functions of the Tax Department, including acting as a resource to the business, providing tax assistance and tax advice on specific projects that may arise, such as acquisitions, transfer pricing, and tax audits
- Assist in the analysis of the various tax positions taken in tax returns filed by the EMEA legal entities, in order to comply with the required reporting and disclosure requirements under FIN 48, and prepare supporting documentation.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of transfer pricing analysis and documentation as required to support tax filing positions of the BMC entities throughout EMEA
- Support and liaise with the SSC accountants to identify and resolve any tax issues that arise (corporate tax, withholding tax, VAT, etc.)
- Assist in acquisition and tax restructuring projects (optimize legal entity/business integration from a tax perspective)
- Monitor compliance with the (requirements of the) group tax and VAT structure and deal with any VAT or other tax related questions and issues from the ‘field’ in the EMEA region. Tax or VAT compliance itself, such as preparing tax/VAT returns is not part of the function.
The ideal candidate has an university degree in fiscal economics or tax law with approx. 7-10 years of experience in international tax within a tax consultancy and and/or in industry. You have good numerical, planning and strong spreadsheet, analytical and research skills. You are a strong communicator, team player and business oriented with multidisciplinary and multicultural understanding. You are a self-starter, business oriented and you have a result driven mind-set. You are creative and flexible. Fluent in English.
Are you interested in this exiting in-house position with a dynamic environment and want to learn more about it, please contact Rogier Ploeger (email@example.com or 0618841557) or Fred Spee (firstname.lastname@example.org or 06 5352 1076).