Tax Compliance & Reporting Specialist
Total (www.total.com) is the fourth largest publicly-traded integrated international oil and gas company and a world-class chemicals manufacturer. Total operates in more than 130 countries and has 98.000 employees.
Total engages in all aspects of the petroleum industry, including Upstream operations (oil and gas exploration, development and production, LNG) and Downstream operations (refining, marketing and the trading and shipping of crude oil and petroleum products).
Total also produces base chemicals (petrochemicals and fertilizers) and specialty chemicals for the industrial and consumer markets (rubber processing, adhesives, resins and electroplating). In addition, Total has interests in the coal mining and power generation sectors. Total is helping to secure the future of energy by progressively expanding its energy offerings and developing complementary next generation energy activities (solar, biomass, nuclear).
At the office in The Hague a new position has become vacant for a Tax Compliance and Reporting Specialist. He/she will be part of the Tax Team consisting of three people and will report to the Dutch Tax Manager. The team is responsible for all tax matters of Total E&P Nederland BV, Total Holdings Nederland BV, all its (foreign) subsidiaries in- and outside the fiscal unities and several other Dutch legal entities. The Tax Compliance & Reporting Specialist will have a main focus on tax compliance, tax accounting and reporting. More specifically the tasks and responsibilities will be amongst others:
- Prepare and coordinate filing of the Dutch corporate income tax returns, review assessments and manage tax payments/refunds;
- Responsible for tax accounting processes, both internal and external reporting. This includes calculating and monitoring uncertain tax positions and deferred taxesas well as cash tax forecasting;
- Prepare quarterly tax calculations for all Dutch companies of the Group;
- Act as internal advisor for financial controllers relating to tax reporting matters;
- Improve quality of tax reporting processes. Play a key role in tax technology matters and improve the usability of the consolidation and reporting system for tax reporting purposes;
- Manage Master File, Local File and Country-by-Country reporting requirements;
- Assist and support in ad hoc tax projects.
- Manage compliance status of group companies’ filing obligations;
The ideal candidate has a (Dutch) degree in Fiscal Economics and at least 4 years of relevant international tax compliance and reporting experience with a major consulting firm or in-house in an international tax department. You have experience in preparing complex Corporate income tax returns (experience with OneSource is considered a plus) and/or tax accounting and reporting. We are looking for someone with a pleasant, open and flexible personality. You are pragmatic, hands-on and you have strong interpersonal skills. Other keywords: pro-active, entrepreneurial, down-to-earth and get things done mentality. Fluent in Dutch and English.
Ben je geïnteresseerd in deze uitdagende in-house Tax Compliance & Reporting positie en wil je je graag verder ontwikkelen als Tax Accountant neem dan contact op met Rogier Ploeger (firstname.lastname@example.org of 06 18841557).