Specialist Tax Accounting & Treasury
Refresco (https://www.refresco.com/) is world’s largest independent bottler of beverages for retailers and A-brands with production in Europe, North America and Mexico. The company has combined pro forma volumes and revenue of circa 12 billion liters and circa € 3.6 billion, respectively. Refresco offers an extensive range of product and packaging combinations from 100% fruit juices to carbonated soft drinks and mineral waters in carton, PET, Aseptic PET, cans and glass. Focused on innovation, Refresco continuously searches for new and alternative ways to improve the quality of its products and packaging combinations in line with consumer and customer demand, environmental responsibilities and market demand. Refresco is headquartered in Rotterdam, the Netherlands and has more than 9,500 employees.
At the corporate head office based in Rotterdam the position has become available for a Specialist Tax Accounting and Treasury. He/she will report to the Manager Tax and Treasury and will work closely together with the group’s financial controllers. The Specialist Tax Accounting and Treasury is responsible for a wide range of tax matters but will have a main focus on tax accounting and reporting. Furthermore, the role consists of treasury related activities both internal and external. The balance of tax and treasury work is expected to be 70/30 respectively. More specifically the tasks and responsibilities will be amongst others:
- Prepare and coordinate filing of the Dutch corporate income tax returns, review assessments and manage tax payments/refunds;
- Responsible for tax accounting processes, both internal and external reporting. This includes calculating and monitoring uncertain tax positions, deferred taxes, and effective tax rate calculations as well as cash tax forecasting;
- Prepare quarterly tax calculations for the Dutch companies of the Group;
- Review and analyse foreign entities tax provision calculations and reported tax financial data on a quarterly basis and act as internal advisor for financial controllers relating to tax reporting matters;
- Improve quality of tax reporting processes. Play a key role in tax technology matters and improve the usability of the consolidation and reporting system for tax reporting purposes, including facilitation of training for financial controllers in the different countries;
- Manage Master File, Local File and Country-by-Country reporting requirements;
- Manage compliance status of group companies’ filing obligations;
- Liaise with business units on foreign currency needs and close foreign currency instruments with banks accordingly;
- Close raw materials derivative instruments;
- Monitor cash positions within the group and initiate cash repatriation from the business units to the corporate head office;
- Review and manage VAT returns and compliance of the holding company.
The ideal candidate has a Masters degree in Fiscal Economics (Dutch) with a main focus on tax accounting. You have at least 4 years of relevant international tax compliance and reporting experience with a major consulting firm or in-house in an international tax department. You have experience in tax accounting and reporting and you have a thorough knowledge of Dutch tax laws and IAS 12. Experience with international project and/or Treasury is a plus.
We are looking for someone with a pleasant, open and flexible personality. You are pragmatic, hands-on and you have strong interpersonal skills. Other keywords: pro-active, results driven, down-to-earth and team spirit. Fluent in English and Dutch.
Are you interested in this exiting in-house position in an international environment with lots of opportunity to grow and want to learn more about it, please contact Rogier Ploeger (firstname.lastname@example.org or 0618841557)