International Tax Manager
Enel (www.enel.com) is a multinational power company and a leading integrated player in the world’s power and gas markets, with a particular focus on Europe and Latin America. Enel Group operates in over 30 countries across 4 continents, producing energy through a net installed capacity of more than 89 GW and distributes electricity and gas through a network of approximately 1.9 million kilometers. With over 61 million users worldwide, Enel has the largest customer base among European competitors and figures among Europe’s leading power companies in terms of installed capacity and reported EBITDA.
At the corporate office in Amsterdam the position of tax manager has arisen. The Tax manager reports to the Tax Director. The Tax Manager will be independently and together with the tax director advice and manage on a wide range of international tax issues (advisory, planning, control and compliance). The role is predominantly focussed on International corporate income tax but also other taxes (VAT, Wage tax are to be handled). More specifically the main tasks and responsibilities of the International Tax Manager include:
- Providing (international) tax advice/support to the various entities Enel;
- Proactively advising on international corporate income tax and withholding tax issues;
- Advising on corporate restructurings and transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions, investments and divestments worldwide;
- Reviewing tax implications of M&A contracts, negotiate tax aspects of individual deals, advise on acquisition financing structure and sign-off on deals. Involved in the due diligence related to proposed transactions. Evaluate, review and implement acquisition structures;
- Set up financing structures for investments of Enel and provide tax input and tax assistance to the Treasury department;
- Manage and coordinate tax audits, contract with tax authorities, negotiate rulings;
- Manage the tax compliance process of the group (the tax returns are outsource to a Big4);
- Assisting in the development, monitoring and documenting of the transfer pricing policies for the various intra-group transactions and services, contribute to BEPS regulation compliance, including Master file, Local file and CbC reporting;
- Manage and coordinate and advise on VAT, Wage Tax and other taxes;
- Managing tax audits and relationships with extern counsel and tax authorities.
The ideal candidate has a University degree in fiscal economics or tax law and some 4-6 years of relevant corporate income tax experience within an international environment at a Big4 or international company. You have excellent analytical skills and have great communication skills. You are good in managing relationships at different levels in the organization and ability to relate with a wide variety of people with a different culture and background. Fluency in English is a must, Italian is considered a plus. Furthermore, you are team player, proactive, a self-starter, independent.
Are you interested in this challenging new in-house position at and would like to operate in a dynamic, truly international environment, please contact Rogier Ploeger (email@example.com or 06 18841557).