Int. Corporate Tax Specialist
DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals (www.dsm-sinochem.com) is a global leading manufacturer of Sustainable Antibiotics, Anti-fungals and next generation Statins. DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals (DSP) develops, produces and sells raw materials, intermediates, active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and drug products (DPs). Roughly 2000 employees worldwide work together to deliver cutting edge generics solutions that help to keep customers ahead of the competition.
Headquartered in Singapore, DSP is a joint venture between Royal DSM and Sinochem Group, and has more than 140 years of expertise and experience in fermentation technology and the pharmaceuticals industry. DSP has operations in China, India, the Netherlands, Spain, the US and Mexico while its activities are organized per product and by regional business units.
Business Unit Europe/America (EA) has a strong presence in regulated markets such as the United States and Europe, but also in non-regulated area’s like Middle East and Maghreb. It has the ambition to grow its API business position in antibiotics, anti-fungals and statins. Business Unit EA employs over 200 people. A diverse group of energetic people with different origins and broad backgrounds who are looking for challenges.
At the corporate head office in Rijswijk a new position has arisen for an International Corporate Tax Specialist. He/she will be part of the DSP Global Tax Department and will be reporting to the Global Tax Manager. The International Corporate Tax Specialist will safeguard optimum savings in taxes and identify, manage and mitigate potential tax risks. The primary focus in this role will be on tax planning and implementation, tax advisory and international project management. More specifically the tasks and responsibilities include:
- Monitor and identify pro-actively potential tax issues and opportunities for DSP’s business, e.g. in the area of operational model effectiveness.
- Contribute to tax strategy of the organization as a whole.
- Optimizing the tax position of the organization.
- Check and follow up pro-actively on potential tax issues and tax opportunities and mitigate tax risks.
- Maintain regular communication with local management, F&A staff and the tax teams / advisors (in the Netherlands, Mexico, China, India, US and Singapore). Liaise with local tax authorities and manage relationships with external tax advisors;
- Supervise local tax audits and negotiate with tax authorities worldwide.
- Supervise horizontal monitoring process and implementation / maintenance thereof in the Netherlands.
- Assist in development and monitoring of the transfer pricing policy within DSP Group.
- Monitoring of tax compliance (i.e. tax filings and TP documentation, BEPS documentation).
Willingness to travel on a regular basis.
The ideal candidate has a university degree in Dutch Tax Law or Fiscal Economics and 3 to 6 years of relevant experience in international tax. You have strong knowledge with respect to Dutch- and international tax law and basic understanding of transfer pricing principles. You are a team player and excellent interpersonal and communication skills and you are able to operate in a multi-disciplinary setting with conflicting interests. Interested in working together with colleagues from different cultures. You have the ability to multitask and prioritize, showing outstanding leadership and networking skills. You are business oriented, persistent on principles but practical in finding solutions and result-driven result driven. Ability to function effectively in a high-pressure environment. You are fluent in English and preferably Dutch; Chinese and/or Spanish are a big plus.
Are you interested in this challenging in-house tax manager position at DSP and want to learn more about this position, please contact Rogier Ploeger (email@example.com or 06 1884 1557) or Anneke Stoeken (firstname.lastname@example.org or 06 3409 8832).