Global Tax Manager
Fagron (www.fagron.com) is the leading global pharmaceutical compounding company, bringing customized pharmaceutical care to hospitals, pharmacies, clinics and patients. Fagron was founded in Rotterdam in 1990. Fagron’s successful strategy of optimizing and innovating customized pharmaceutical care in order to widen the therapeutic options of prescribers worldwide and improving patients’ quality of life. Its unique business model and the investments in innovation and product development resulted in the fact that Fagron is currently leading in pharmaceutical compounding and is active in 34 countries in Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Pacific. Fagron products and innovations are sold to over 200,000 customers in over 60 countries around the world.
With over 2,000 employees Fagron generated a turnover of € 422 million in 2016. In 2017, Fagron will further reinforce its worldwide market leadership based on an active buy-and-build strategy and organic growth.
At the corporate head office based in Rotterdam the position has become available for a Group Tax Manager. He/she will report to the CFO and will work closely together with the Group Controller. The Group Tax Manager will be responsible for the Tax Strategy and will be initiating and implementing tax projects. More specifically the tasks and responsibilities will be amongst others:
- Optimize the corporate tax position, identify, analyze and implement tax opportunities and manage tax risks;
- Responsible for tax accounting positions, both internal and external reporting. This includes calculating and monitoring uncertain tax positions, deferred taxes, and effective tax rate calculations as well as cash tax forecasting, and other ongoing reporting;
- Improve quality and partly set-up of group wide tax reporting processes. Play a key role in tax technology matters and improve the usability of the consolidation & reporting system for tax reporting purposes. Improve and set up a tax calculation model and supporting instructions including facilitation of training for financial controllers in the different countries;
- Coordinate and set up the periodic tax risk management process;
- Manage the (global) tax compliance process (tax returns are outsourced);
- Support and assist local finance in tax audits globally;
- Initiate new tax projects amongst others with respect to CIT, VAT and Transfer Pricing. But other tax means might also come up.
- Advise on group financing, legal (re-)structuring and M&A;
- Provide tax input and tax assistance to the (local) business and finance divisions;
- Improve, implement and monitor transfer pricing policies, and maintain and update documentation;
- Liaise with tax authorities and manage relationships with external tax advisors.
The ideal candidate has a degree in taxation (Dutch) and at least 10 years of relevant international tax experience with a major consulting firm or in-house in an international tax department. You have experience with international tax planning and project management. Some experience in tax accounting & reporting is considered a plus. You have a thorough knowledge of Dutch tax laws and international tax laws.
We are looking for someone with a pleasant, open and flexible personality. You are pragmatic, hands-on and you have strong interpersonal skills. Other keywords: hands-on approach, pro-active, results driven, down-to-earth and team spirit. Fluent in English and Dutch.
Are you interested in this exiting in-house tax position where you will be responsible for the global tax position of the group, please contact Rogier Ploeger (email@example.com or 06 18841557).