Global Director Indirect Tax
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (www.tevapharm.com) is a leading global pharmaceutical company that delivers high-quality, patient-centric healthcare solutions used by approximately 200 million patients in 100 markets every day. Headquartered in Israel, Teva is the world’s largest generic medicines producer, leveraging its portfolio of more than 1,800 molecules to produce a wide range of generic products in nearly every therapeutic area. Teva produces approximately 120 billion tablets and capsules a year at 87 manufacturing facilities.
In specialty medicines, Teva has the world-leading innovative treatment for multiple sclerosis as well as late-stage development programs for other disorders of the central nervous system, including movement disorders, migraine, pain and neurodegenerative conditions, as well as a broad portfolio of respiratory products. Teva is leveraging its generics and specialty capabilities in order to seek new ways of addressing unmet patient needs by combining drug development with devices, services and technologies. Teva’s net revenues in 2016 were $21.9 billion. Teva is quoted at the New York stock exchange Nasdaq.
At the corporate office in Amsterdam the position of Global Director Indirect Tax has become available. He/she reports to the Senior Director Global Tax in Israel and drives and leads the Global Indirect Tax Team of four direct reports. He or she will be responsible for developing and implementing global indirect tax planning strategies and assessment of existing strategies. More specifically the tasks and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for global indirect tax planning strategies (including countries like Brazil, Russia, Mexico and India), development and implementation of new strategies and assessment of existing strategies, to maximize indirect tax benefits consistent with prudent risks;
- Assisting in and lead structuring complex supply chain flows. Key projects are tax effective supply chain management and simplification, standardization and centralization of activities;
- Providing VAT advise to the group globally with technical excellence. Reviewing and structuring legal agreements;
- Ensuring the integrity of IT systems for VAT purposes;
- Reviewing and performing analysis to determine indirect tax effects of proposed business transactions;
- Executing (VAT) projects by applying leadership and creativity. Further develop the effectiveness of the Indirect Tax structure;
- Leading and managing the global indirect tax team consisting of four direct reports: Assoc. Director Indirect Tax Americas (located in US), Senior Manager European Indirect Tax (NL), Senior Manager Indirect Tax & Technology (DE), European Indirect Tax Compliance Manager (IE);
- Develop policies for indirect tax compliance and reporting, and guidelines;
- Maintain relationships with business units and departments to ensure timely communications regarding transactions that may have indirect tax consequences and planning opportunities. Communicating indirect tax recommendations to appropriate departments and implement planning ideas as required;
- Building relationships with external advisors, tax authorities and internal stakeholders.
Some international travelling will be a part of the position.
The ideal candidate has a master degree in Tax or fiscal Economics and at least 12 years of experience in indirect tax with a focus on VAT. You have some years of experience as an in-house VAT Director or Senior VAT Manager. You have a solid experience with VAT planning and effects with large supply chains. Some (VAT) technology skills are an advantage.
You are able to and have experience in managing a team. You are creative, flexible, self-starting and self-confident. You drive for results, can make decisions and have the ability to convince stakeholders. You have strong communication skills, a positive attitude and you are polite. Appreciate to work in a dynamic environment. Fluent in English.
Do you want to make the step to this senior and dynamic in-house VAT Director position please contact Rogier Ploeger (email@example.com or 06 1884 1557).