VAT Compliance Officer
HEINEKEN (www.heineken.com) is a proud, independent global brewer committed to surprise and excite consumers with its brands and products everywhere. The brand that bears the founder’s family name – Heineken® - is available in almost every country on the globe and is the world’s most valuable international premium beer brand.
The Company is present in more than 70 countries and operates more than 160 breweries. HEINEKEN is Europe’s largest brewer and the world’s third largest by volume. HEINEKEN is committed to the responsible marketing and consumption of its 250+ international premium, regional, local and specialty beers and ciders. The number of people employed is over 73,000. A career with HEINEKEN offers great challenges combined with exciting opportunities to own and grow your career in line with your aspirations.
At HEINEKEN Global Procurement (HGP) a vacancy has become vacant for a VAT Compliance Officer. The VAT Compliance Officer reports to the Finance Director with a dotted reporting line to the Manager Global Tax. He/she is part of the HGP finance team of some 14 people. To make sure that HGP is compliant to local laws and regulations approximately 430 declarations across Europe (VAT returns, ECSL, intrastat, domestic statements and eco tax) have to be filed on time, complete and correct. More specifically the tasks of the VAT Compliance Officer will include:
- Reviewing, approving of the declarations and arrange for payment and making sure it is filed timely, correctly and completely and liase closely with the tax team at the shared service center in Krakau, Poland (who are responsible for the preparation of the declarations);
- Manage the compliance of imports and eco taxes in several countries;
- Reclaiming VAT within Europe under the 8th Directive;
- Coordinate the implementation of tax related changes in SAP;
- Support the Manager Global Tax in indirect tax audits;
- Support the Manager Global Tax with projects to improve the indirect tax elements in processes (e.g. PtP, OtC, rebates, VAT compliance);
- Support the Manager Global Tax with the implementation of operational Heineken Tax Control Framework for HGP;
- Increase awareness of indirect tax impact within 16 countries;
- Working with the businesses and corporate functions to identify VAT risks and opportunities;
- Optimize indirect tax end-to-end processes;
- Provide training to the tax team at the shared service centre (e.g. making sure that lay out of invoices/credit notes are VAT compliant, VAT is posted correctly etc.);
- Acting a business partner and inform and advise relevant stakeholders about indirect tax. Be able to translate indirect tax theory into HGP practise;
- Periodically review compliance aspects in the operational guidelines of HGP;
- Create a programme of checks to be carried out on HGP to ensure a high level of compliance with indirect tax rules in all countries;
- Safeguard the indirect tax related elements in the processes.
The ideal candidate has a bachelor degree in finance, accounting or tax and at least some 4 years of relevant experience in a similar role at an international company or large tax consultancy firm. You have good financial skills and a good understanding of SAP. You have the ability to setting priorities and responding effectively to demanding situations. You are a highly organized project manager and able to focus on details without losing overview. You are an analytical thinker with excellent communication skills interacting at all levels in the organization, proactive, ambitious and drive for excellence. Fluent in English, any other language is a plus.
Are you interested in this challenging international in-house VAT Compliance position and you want to learn more about the role and the possibilities to grow your career within Heineken, please contact Rogier Ploeger or Anneke Stoeken.