YILDIRIM Group of Companies (www.yildirimgroup.com) is a vertically integrated Turkish industrial conglomerate based in Istanbul, Turkey. The company currently operates in 11 industries: Metals & Mining, Fertilizers & Chemicals, Port Management, Energy, Coal & Coke, Logistics, Shipping, Shipbuilding, Industrial Construction, Real Estate Development and Private Equity.
The foundation of YILDIRIM Group dates back to 1963, when Garip YILDIRIM established a modest construction material trading company called GARIP YILDIRIM&SONS in Samsun, Turkey. Since its founding, the company has continuously broadened its focus through new subsidiaries; thanks to years of entrepreneurism and constant innovation, it has evolved into an industrially diversified group of companies as well as one of the fastest-growing Turkish industrial groups.
The second generation has been active in the company’s operations since 1980. YILDIRIM Group is a family-owned business, held privately and managed by 3 brothers from the YILDIRIM family. Its business structure ensures passionate motivation for sustainable growth as well as quick and sound decision-making capabilities.
Since 2008, when YILDIRIM Group made its first international acquisition in Sweden, the company has grown into a global force with operations in 21 countries on 4 continents and over 10.000 employees worldwide.
At the European office in Amstelveen a position for a Tax Specialist has become vacant. He or she will be part of the global tax department. In the new Amstelveen office there will be a group of some 5 people, the Tax Specialist is for now the only tax person. The Tax Specialist works closely together with the HQ tax department in Istanbul, which consist of 6 people. He or she will be reporting to the Accounting Manager (based in Amstelveen) and the Group Tax Director (based in Istanbul). You will provide professional tax service to all group companies and have an all-round role in the fields of international tax planning, transfer pricing, tax reporting & tax compliance and to a lesser extend involvement in VAT. More specifically the responsibilities and activities include:
- Provide tax advice and support to all businesses and the holding companies in the Netherlands;
- Advise and assist in acquisitions, divestments, restructurings and development activities;
- Support actively the HQ Tax Department and contributes to deliver Global tax compliance (tax returns are outsourced to a tax boutique firm);
- Supports and assists the team with tax reporting related to International Tax, Corporate Income Tax and Indirect Taxes, globally;
- Plays active role in digital transformation of global tax function of the Group,
- Support and assist in tax audits by providing information requested by tax auditors and project manage the information flow and audit process;
- Assists tax risk management with reporting and monitoring remediation actions and relations with the tax authorities;
- Supports the risk framework by mitigating tax risks reporting material risks and monitoring remediation actions;
- Builds files with supporting tax documentation in a structured and easily understandable manner (a.o. CbC reporting and Transfer Pricing);
- Monitors tax legislative changes and updates existing processes in line with regulatory changes and group requirements;
- Manage the relationship with the external tax advisors (including providing information to the advisors and dealing with any queries);
- Correspondent and liaise with the Dutch tax authorities and external advisors;
- Provide any other tax support to the tax department in Istanbul where necessary;
- Travel can be part of the position. Also working international at another location is a possibility for the future.
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor or Master degree in Tax and some 3-6 years of experience within a big 4 or multinational company. You have experience with international tax and corporate tax and have some knowledge on the other taxes. Furthermore you are familiar with transfer pricing and international tax compliance requirements. You are able to follow procedures and meet deadlines. You have a hands-on attitude, you are strong in project management a self-starter and you have a problem solving attitude. You can work independently and in a team. You are excellent with Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint. You have good communication skills, both in Dutch and in English. This position is for fulltime.
Are you interested in this challenging in-house position in an international environment and want to learn more about it, please contact Rogier Ploeger (email@example.com or 0618841557) or Anneke Stoeken (firstname.lastname@example.org or 0634098832).