MS Amlin (www.amlin.com) is a leading independent insurer specializing in providing insurance cover to commercial enterprises and reinsurance protection to other insurance companies around the world. They have operations in Bermuda as well as in Europe (currently Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland and France) and has significantly expanded internationally over the last 4 or 5 years. Amlin delivered a profit before tax of £252.3 million in 2015.
Amlin's shares were listed on the London Stock Exchange until it was acquired by Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Group in February 2016.
At the European office in Amstelveen a position for a Tax Officer has become vacant. He or she will be part of the Group Tax Function based in London/Amstelveen. The Tax Officer reports to the Compliance & Reporting Manager based in London and works closely together with the other tax professionals in Amstelveen. He/she will provide professional service to all group companies, ensuring that tax returns and accounting provisions are prepared as required. The role will primarily focus on the non-UK group entities. More specifically the tasks and responsibilities are:
- Prepare the annual corporate tax returns for the Dutch entities; be actively involved with the tax returns of the Belgium entities for which you be in close contact with the local teams;
- Manage, coordinate and review the annual corporation tax returns of all other non-UK entities (which are outsourced). Ensuring the returns are filed within the statutory deadlines;
- Manage the relationship with the tax advisors who are preparing the returns (including providing information to the advisors and dealing with any queries);
- Payment calculations (where relevant) and ensuring payments are made on time;
- Quarterly tax reporting for the non-UK companies, including preparation of tax charge, tax journals and tax template to the group tax team in the UK;
- Tax disclosures for the non-UK company annual published accounts;
- Liaising with accounting teams to manage the quarterly tax reporting process/timetable;
- Be responsible for dealing with all requests to withholding tax documentation from brokers and investment managers (certificates of residence and FATCA certifications);
- Provide tax support to the non-UK accounting teams where necessary;
- Correspondence and liaison with tax authorities;
- Assist the Compliance & Reporting Manager (and other members of the tax team as required) with any ad hoc projects;
- Risk management and Planning - Identify opportunities and threats for the Group from changes in the business environment and changes to tax law.
The ideal candidate has a bachelor degree in Tax and at least 4 years of experience with complex corporate returns and tax accounting within a big 4 or multinational company. You have a good understanding of the tax reporting rules. Knowledge and experience with insurance activities are a plus but not required. You can work well with deadlines, able to manage a number of diverse issues and identify need for internal or external support. You take ownership of responsibilities and plans accordingly. You are energetic and professional and you are pro-active towards the business. Furthermore you are ambitious and disciplined in setting and achieving goals. You have good communication skills, both in Dutch and in English.
Are you interested in this exiting in-house position in an international environment and want to learn more about it, please contact Rogier Ploeger (firstname.lastname@example.org or 0618841557) or Anneke Stoeken (email@example.com or 0634098832).