Indirect Tax Specialist
The IKEA Group of Companies (www.ikea.com) is the world’s leading home furnishing retailer, with over 350 stores in 28 countries. Their vision is to create a better everyday life by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
At IKEA Group they want to give honest, down-to-earth people the opportunity to grow, both as individuals and in their working roles, so that together they can show their commitment towards creating a better everyday life for themselves and their customers. IKEA Group is looking for enthusiasts and team players who are prepared to shoulder the responsibility of making sure that their values remain a living reality within IKEA.
IKEA Services B.V., based in Leiden, the Netherlands, provides management services to the IKEA Group.
For the Indirect Tax Team in Leiden a vacancy for an Indirect Tax Specialist has arisen. The purpose of the Indirect Tax function is to support, guide and monitor the IKEA Group organisation in a pro-active way on the management of Indirect Taxes (VAT, Sales Tax, GST, etc.). You will report to the Indirect Tax Manager IKEA Group and will work for and closely with the Indirect Tax Advisors of the team. The position will also require some travelling. More specifically the tasks and responsibilities include:
- Act as the Indirect Tax expert towards and proactively support, both on a longer perspective and day to day, the IKEA Group country organisations with specialist knowledge in Indirect Tax matters and requirements;
- Help with solutions for implementation in the IKEA group working processes and system landscape, with the goal to reach maximum compliance and efficiency while enabling the business;
- Proactively support in the development of the global IKEA Group indirect tax reporting and tax accounting landscape and standardization thereof, including mapping of reporting requirements and setup of internal rules and guidelines;
- Monitor the interpretation and implementation of Indirect Tax requirements in projects and processes related to IKEA Group stores, our E-Commerce web platform, distributions centres and shopping centres;
- Take part in projects driven by Group Tax such as the development of a tax control framework and the drafting of tax rules and guidelines.
The ideal candidate has a university degree in tax or similar and some 3-6 years of experience in Indirect Tax from a Big 4/international consulting/accounting firm and/or in-house tax compliance and management. The following experience is preferred:
- You have experience from driving and implementing tax projects in different countries preferably in retail businesses.
- You have a broad knowledge of different Indirect Tax legislations and knowledge about Indirect Tax functionalities in financial systems.
- You have a broad knowledge of indirect tax compliance and reporting rules and requirements.
- You have experience and/or affinity with accounting rules and guidelines and can connect this to indirect tax requirements.
- You have a hands-on mentality and enjoy working together to share your specialist knowledge towards other tax experts, accounting specialists, process developers, IT specialists, etc.
- You are skilled in communicating in English and can easily connect to colleagues from many different cultures in an international environment.
Are you excited by IKEA Group and home furnishing and interested in this challenging job in an international, dynamic environment within a fast growing organization please contact Rogier Ploeger or Anneke Stoeken.